Gasoline Prices - How You Can Help Us
- Under the Competition Act, the Bureau is required to conduct an inquiry whenever there are reasonable grounds to believe that an offence under the Act has been or is about to be committed, or that grounds exist for the making of an order by the Competition Tribunal.
- The Bureau's examinations rely on information obtained from cooperating individuals, public sources and commercial data services. If grounds exist to commence a formal inquiry under section 10 of the Act, information may also be obtained through the use of formal powers under sections 11 and 15 of the Act.
- If you are aware of any information which you believe may indicate conduct which is contrary to the law, please bring it to the Bureau's attention through its toll-free telephone number (1-800-348-5358), or online. Any information provided will be kept strictly confidential.
- If you are an employee of a company you believe may be engaged in a criminal offence under the Act, the whistleblowing provisions of the Act will protect your identity and guard you against retaliation by your employer. Any information provided will be kept strictly confidential.
- If you are involved in conduct you believe may be contrary to the Act and you wish to disclose that fact but are afraid of being prosecuted, the Immunity Program may provide you with immunity from prosecution or favourable treatment in return for cooperation.
Email to a Friend
- Date modified: