Products with Feather Fillings: Worksheet
- Dealers may label a feather-filled product as "feather" if it meets the generic definition of feather or the appropriate definition of commercial feather.
- The declaration "feather" must be preceded by the word "waterfowl", "landfowl" or the name of the bird of origin.
- The declaration "feather" may not be preceded by words or figures indicating 100% on a plumage product filled with commercial feathers.
- At least 90% of the plumage must be from the stated bird of origin.
- When feather or any other fibre which is required to be shown by its generic name is a reclaimed fibre, the word "reclaimed", "reprocessed" or "reused" must be shown immediately preceding the generic name.
Return to Table of Contents
- Date modified: